1. Loud, crackling summer storms.
2. Unexpected letters in the mail.
3. Babies with kissable cheeks.
4. That funny little ache inside when you're too happy to even breathe.
5. Dancing in the rain.
6. Rare stories of true, lasting love.
7. Pretty new clothes.
8. Being a part of people's lives. Caring for them, listening to them, trying to make a difference.
9. Words. Slippery, searing, and utterly beautiful.
10. Text messages.
12. The color blue. If we play a game together & you pick 'my' color...I'll be trying to move your game piece the whole time. Just sayin'. I can't help it.
13. Sonnet 116.
14. Little boys with brown eyes.
15. My family, who root on random exercising strangers, stand at the end of the drive & wave until you can't see them anymore, & are all-around lovable.
16. On the Waterfront. Edie, and Terry, and...swoons...*please hold while I go watch it for the 646th time*
17. Ten year old neighbors who copy everything you do & call you Emmy. Yes, that was my heart melting.
18. Being hugged. Wrap your arm around my shoulders & leave it there forever. K, thanks.
19. Working with the USO. I may not do much, I may not change anyone's life, but it makes my soul happy.
20. Laughing so hard that you cry. Or get the hiccups. Or both. Either way, all you can think is..."Oh, my stomach!"
21. Candles that make your room smell like a coffee shop.
22. Long drives with no place in particular to go. And possibly getting kind of, sort of lost. That's always the best part.
23. Bare feet, & big sunglasses, & pink nail polish, & ice cream, & singing, and...possibly all of the above combined.
24. Scary old movies that aren't really scary at all except to big babies like me. But only if there's someone's lap close enough to leap into. "What's happening? What's HAPPENING?!!! ... WHY DID YOU TELL ME THAT?!"
26. Long conversations about anything & everything. The more random the better.
27. Sisters who always have the same thoughts you do--at the same time--even though you don't even live in the same house. Slightly creepy, but rather cool. ;)
28. Finding kindred spirits. We're a rare breed.
29. Long walks in the middle of nowhere.
30. Discovering how strong of a person you really are.
31. Military uniforms. Just tryin' to keep it real.