CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Vintage Movie Magazines...

Not only do Sarah and I love watching our favorite old films together, we also enjoy reading vintage movie magazines we've had the fun of hunting down in antique shops or online. I love to scour the musty, yellowed pages for outfits I'd like to copy someday, or to laugh at the funny vintage ads that seem so unbelievable by modern standards. Even in something as "wordly" as a movie magazine, it is so refreshing to see how often good standards and morals rule the pages.

I thought you might enjoy catching a glimpse of some of the adorable stars that graced the covers of these classic magazines I stumbled across today. Which ones are your favorites?



Always lovely, Grace Kelly. Isn't her outfit the cutest?



Norma Talmadge



Myrna Loy and Asta



Beautiful Elizabeth Taylor


Loretta Young

Promo for the 1951 film, Father's Little Dividend

4 comments:

Carla said...

Cute! I should start looking for vintage mags too! They must be so fun to look at.

Sarah said...

Oooh, how can one decide on a FAVORITE?! ALL of them are gorgeous! I think I'd have to choose the last pic since the little baby is just too adorable!

Mandy said...

So neat!! I love the ones of Grace Kelley and Elizabeth Taylor. They are so elegant and beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh! Oh! Mryna Loy and Asta all the way! They are absolutely charming and bring back memories of watching the "Thin Man" series every night with the fam. =) Thanks for sharing!

~Johanna