CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Blog Award...

The lovely Ashley Nicole has given me the From Me to You blog award. Thank you so much, dear!

The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.

2. Copy the award.
3. Post it on your blog.
4. Tell your readers 7 things they didn't know about you.
5. Link 7 bloggers as recipients.
6. Notify winners of award with a comment on their blog.

7. Keep being awesome.

* * * * * *

1. I almost met one of my favorite classic actresses.

She has starred with such notables as Cary Grant, Montgomery Clift, & Paul Newman, but remains a relatively unappreciated actress today. She stars as the leading lady in my very favorite film, 1954's On the Waterfront. Yes, I once almost met my beloved Eva Marie Saint!

Eva Marie Saint & Marlon Brando
in On the Waterfront.


2. I love wearing bright pink nail polish.

It's cheerful & makes me happy.

3. I was homeschooled from the fourth grade through high school.

I'm not saying that it would work for everyone, but it was definitely one of the best decisions my parents could have ever made for me. I learned & experienced more in those years than I ever could have in a conventional school.

3. Growing up, one of my feet was quite a bit longer than the other.

They caught up to each other soon enough, but while it lasted I thought it was the neatest thing ever!

4. I am too much of a perfectionist.


I don't mean to be, but somehow without realizing it, I always find myself striving to attain perfection when I know, as a human being, I can never reach it. It pushes me to be the very best that I can be...but when I fail to touch the stars...you'll only know the depths of that keen sense of disappointment if you struggle with this, too.

5. I stalk World War II veterans.

I have a problem that way. I am so awed by their courage, their heroism, their stories. More than most anything else, I hope to take part in saving their history, helping their stories live on. We need young men and women with their values and hard-working attitudes today.

6. Ice cream is my favorite dessert.


Especially Breyer's. Heaven, simply heaven.

7. I have an outdoor kitty cat called McQueen.

Named after...who else? The King of Cool himself:

Steve McQueen in The Great Escape

3 comments:

Millie said...

So cool! Tell me more about ALMOST meeting Eva?

Homeschooled!

I have to say that has got to be one of the most amazing names for a cat EVER!

Mrs. E said...

Dearest Emme~ :)
Thank you for the award!!
I am SO honored!!!!
*hugs*

Love~ Jen

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Thanks for the award! I'm working on it right now.