CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wednesday-ish Plotting...

I always wake up feeling sluggish and exhausted on the "in-between" days of my work schedule. I long to crawl back into my warm bed and pretend that nothing else matters but a few more precious hours of sleep. But somehow, sleeping the entire day away just doesn't seem to work for me, no matter how late in the morning I'm finally able to lay my tired head down.

I've resolved to tidy up my bedroom the moment I am able to tomorrow, sluggish or not. Somehow, it has become suspiciously messy. Who crept into my room and left clothes, and dishes, and books, and books, and books lying around while I've been gone? Have any cyclones swooped through one tiny part of Michigan--specifically one tiny room--that I haven't heard about?

I still have several boxes that I haven't unpacked yet from our move. I just really haven't had the time, but the most frustrating part is where to put the things that are in the boxes. The closet in my new room doesn't have any shelves, just a bar to hang clothes. And the only "extra" piece of furniture I have besides my bookshelf, bed, and beloved WWII army cot is a smallish dresser I use for my clothes. I never realized how much I depended on and was blessed by my rather large closet just filled with shelves. So...I am going to have to figure out some storage ideas for all of my craft projects, supplies, and miscellaneous "junk."

I can't wait until my room is neat and welcoming again. I have a beautiful new throw and squishy pillows to make my little WWII army cot cozy and a soft paper lantern to throw a deliciously warm beam of light on my new little reading nook.

So for now, I am counting down the hours until I can be home with my beloved ones again; home making a messy room peaceful; home where my heart belongs.

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Awww.... bless you~ dear friend! :)
*hugs & prayers*

Love~ Jen

Proverbs 3:5-6

Witchcrafted Life said...

Deeply lovely reflection on your day, sweet dear. I hope that serenity fills your life and that all goes smoothly with your unpacking.

Thank you deeply for your lovely comments - many hugs,
♥ Jessica