My darling sister Sarah loves old movies as much as I do (well, at least nearly as much ☺). She had so much fun with the movie quote guessing game that I posted awhile back, that she just had to make one up herself. She doesn't have a blog of her own, so I was happy to post it here. She came up with some great quotes...from some definite favorite movies. Have fun guessing!
And...here are her quotes!
1. "As the months went past, he came to see the light once more as well as to feel its warmth; to see first the glory of the sun, and then the mild splendour of the moon, and at last the evening star. And then one day, when our firstborn was put into his arms, he could see that the boy had inherited his own eyes as they once were... large, brilliant and black." ---Jane Eyre (1944), guessed by Emma
2. "Remember that night at the Garden, you came down to my dressing room and said, 'Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson.' Remember that? 'This ain't your night'. My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart!" ---On the Waterfront, guessed by Clare
3. "I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else."
4. "The truth of God's love is not that he allows bad things to happen. It's His promise that He'll be here with us when they do." ---Love Comes Softly, guessed by Meghan
5. "I made plans, Will, matrimonial plans."
"Now you ain't ever heard me say the word matrimony."
"Well, now, I'm willing to overlook that."
6."I'll go on loving you for as long as I live."
"Love me for the time I have left. Then, forget me."
7. "That is exactly what he should be! Would you want to marry a wicked man?"
"Well, I wouldn't marry anyone who was really wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't." ---Anne of Avonlea, guessed by Emma
8. "If you take your nose out of the air for one second you'll see you're designer, I'm vintage. You've got a mansion, I've got a five floor walkup. You're a snotty little miss cranky pants and I go with the flow." ---What a Girl Wants, guessed by Meghan
9. "....and you sittin' there waitin' for him, jes' like a spider! " ---Gone with the Wind, guessed by Elisabeth
10. "He might have become a farmer, or a great doctor, or a wonderful father. Who knows what such a boy had it in him to be? But he was, and will remain forever in our memory - a soldier, a hero, and our friend."