CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Guess and Guess Again...

My darling sister Sarah loves old movies as much as I do (well, at least nearly as much ☺). She had so much fun with the movie quote guessing game that I posted awhile back, that she just had to make one up herself. She doesn't have a blog of her own, so I was happy to post it here. She came up with some great quotes...from some definite favorite movies. Have fun guessing!

And...here are her quotes!

1. "As the months went past, he came to see the light once more as well as to feel its warmth; to see first the glory of the sun, and then the mild splendour of the moon, and at last the evening star. And then one day, when our firstborn was put into his arms, he could see that the boy had inherited his own eyes as they once were... large, brilliant and black." ---Jane Eyre (1944), guessed by Emma

2. "Remember that night at the Garden, you came down to my dressing room and said, 'Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson.' Remember that? 'This ain't your night'. My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart!" ---On the Waterfront, guessed by Clare

3. "I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else."

"Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know." ---Charade, guessed by Elisabeth

4. "The truth of God's love is not that he allows bad things to happen. It's His promise that He'll be here with us when they do." ---Love Comes Softly, guessed by Meghan

5. "I made plans, Will, matrimonial plans."
"Now you ain't ever heard me say the word matrimony."
"Well, now, I'm willing to overlook that."

6."I'll go on loving you for as long as I live."
"Love me for the time I have left. Then, forget me."

7. "That is exactly what he should be! Would you want to marry a wicked man?"

"Well, I wouldn't marry anyone who was really wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't." ---Anne of Avonlea, guessed by Emma

8. "If you take your nose out of the air for one second you'll see you're designer, I'm vintage. You've got a mansion, I've got a five floor walkup. You're a snotty little miss cranky pants and I go with the flow." ---What a Girl Wants, guessed by Meghan

9. "....and you sittin' there waitin' for him, jes' like a spider! " ---Gone with the Wind, guessed by Elisabeth

10. "He might have become a farmer, or a great doctor, or a wonderful father. Who knows what such a boy had it in him to be? But he was, and will remain forever in our memory - a soldier, a hero, and our friend."

11 comments:

Emma Pearl said...

What fun!!!

#1. Jane Eyre?

#7. Anne of Green Gables:)

And I KNOW I've seen #3.,but I can't think of it!!! Ahhhh!!!


Emma

Anonymous said...

#8 is What A Girl Wants
#4 is Love Comes Softly

Clare said...

#2 is On the Waterfront.

And all the others that sound familiar to my ear have already been guessed!

---Clare

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

#9 is 'Gone With the Wind.'

#3 - I know Cary Grant said the second line, but for the life of me I can't remember what he said it in! Was it 'Suspicion'?

emme said...

Yay, Elisabeth! Someone finally guessed Gone with the Wind...I thought for sure that would have been one of the first ones "guessed". ☺

And yes, you're right. Cary Grant DID say the second line in quote #3...but it wasn't from Suspicion. ☺

~Emily

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

This is baffling me! I'll hazard one more guess - 'Charade'?

emme said...

Yay, Elisabeth!! You're right...it IS Charade. ☺

That's Audrey Hepburn as Regina Lampert and Cary Grant as Peter Joshua...

~Emily

Sonia Luna said...

Oh, well I give up on the guessing! Great quotes!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!

Elisabeth Grace Foley said...

Ha, I got it! I'm going to do this quiz on my blog now. :)

Jody said...

Is #10 from Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery? I don't have my book in front of me to check and see!!

emme said...

Actually, Jody, all of the quotes are from films...but that quote *does* sound like it could have been taken from Rilla of Ingleside! ☺ I love that book!

~Emily