CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life...

George Bailey: You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider....

George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey! That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

Mary: I'll take it. Then what?

George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see....and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shocking admission, but... I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life.

And oddly enough, my mother and I were just talking today about how dreadful it is that I haven't seen it, and how I ought to.

emme said...

Clare....!!!! I AM shocked! : )

It's a Wonderful Life is an American staple. It's like peanut butter and jelly - or- The Star Spangled Banner - or- sliced bread...how have you gotten this far along in life WITHOUT seeing it?!?

(Okay, sorry! I'm feeling really silly. :P A combination of being sick and not having enough sleep, I guess!)

Really, though, you HAVE to go out and watch...then be sure to tell me what you think! My family watches it at least once a year on the 23rd of December, though, of course it's not strictly a Christmas movie.

~Emme

Kaila said...

*gasps* You haven't see in?!? You MUST see it! My family and I watch it every Christmas Eve.

Emme,
Those are some of the BEST quotes of the movie. I love Jimmy Stewart :-)

Mandy said...

It's A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite movies of all time! I have to see it every Christmas. The ending makes me cry every time! :)