CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Burnt Toast...

Am I the only one who seems to perpetually burn toast?

Our toaster broke about a year back and for some reason, though we all continually wish we had a new one, we've never replaced it. We have a small toaster oven that we use to make toast or that quick batch of cookies Sarah and I long for to go with our wickedly delicious fun of watching a midnight movie together. ☺

The moment I pop the bread inside, I can't ever seem to remember that I've put it there until I stumble across it burning or someone shouts "Burning toast...Emily! Burning toast!" I don't have the slightest idea why they always link it to me...

I can't bring myself to throw away bread that was perfectly good moments before, so I'll usually half-heartedly scrape off as much of the burnt spots as I can--which is no small feat, considering that it no longer looks like a piece of bread, but rather a square-ish piece of charcoal--and try to shudder it down.

*Sigh* I've done it again. Another piece of toast has bit the dust. Whatever am I going to do with myself?

5 comments:

Emma Pearl said...

Aww.... me too. The toast and the grilled cheese.:) I'd much rather use a pan for the latter, to escape the possible burning. Goodness!! I'm so forgetful! I guess we just have to stand by the oven and wait. That would insure perfect toast.:)

Emma

Julia Marie said...

That happens to me often.....I just slather it thickly with jam :)

Mandy said...

I wouldn't have such a problem with this if I wasn't so picky about my toast and my waffles. They have to be toasted until they are golden brown. Too often they end up completely burnt. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Emily! That is so funny! (I love the way you tell stories:)) I hardly ever burn toast, mine are always perfect=). Or, almost always;). hehe.

~Johanna

Amy said...

Reminds me of marshmallows - that perfect, elusive golden brown. . . too often it turns into a dark, crispy brown! Hehe!!