CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Crossroad...

Hello, everyone...

I'm sorry I haven't posted in forever...things have been so busy lately. So many things to think about, so many decisions to choose, so many things happening so quickly.

I'd really appreciate your prayers. I'm enrolled in a little community college nearby for an English Literature major, and I'm still halfway unbelieving it myself! I've been wanting to attend college for years, but finances, troubles, and my own lack of confidence have stood in my way. Now, only a few months after my mom and I started finding out a bit of information--I'm officially enrolled and ready (not really) to start tomorrow.

I'm excited, but so nervous. I've never really been around many people my own age and I'm so, so shy. I know this will be a good stretch for me...but I'm still scared silly!

Don't think you're getting rid of me that easily, though...I'll still be around here writing more often than you'll probably like...☺

Pray for me!

Love,
Emily

7 comments:

Mandy said...

How exciting!! For the same reasons you named, I have never enrolled in college either, but I hope I can try a few courses either online or at a community college next year. I hope you have a wonderful first day tomorrow!

Melissa said...

How wonderful! You will love it. College is a wonderful experience imo.

Emma Pearl said...

Oh! Oh!! What an adventure!!! I shall be praying ever so hard, Emily!!! I actually considered doing that myself this year, but ended up deciding to just take a college course online. I'm taking English/Essay Writing, to better the more technical parts of my writing, whilst working on finishing my senior year in high school and completing my book!!

Oh, and I totally understand about being shy. I'm rather afraid of being around people myself. Johanna is my "voice":)

May you be full of happiness and have ever so much peace!!

Emma

Sarah said...

How exciting! I am praying for you and I hope you are enjoying each minute of your studies. My baby brother also started college this week - such a time of transition yet excitement. I am very shy as well but I must say going to college (I went for a year) REALLY helped me become more comfortable with people my own age. . .I tend to naturally seek out older or younger people, so it was nice to be *forced* to talk and interact with similar-aged peers. :)

Kaila said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! You'll be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about you and praying for you Emily. What an adventure! Remember He is always there to give you peace and strength amidst any confusion or struggles and remember Emma and I will always be praying for you!

Sending you love,

~Johanna

P.S. Sam left for Michigan this morning, I almost decided to be a stowaway so I could see you! But, unfortunately, his car was too packed to hide in...;)

Julia Marie said...

Me too! I start next Tuesday, and even though I'm only taking 10 hours I'm a little nervous!! Hope it all goes well with you ;)