The Editrix tagged me for an interesting new meme on books....
The rules are as follows:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people.
1. Pick up the nearest book? Hmm...this one was a bit perplexing. I always have far too many books scattered everywhere around me. I finally decided to close my eyes and jab a finger! I ended up with Beverly Cleary's classic 1958 novel, The Luckiest Girl. It has the most delicious cover!
3. The fifth sentence is..."A chocolate malt," answered Shelley.
4. It was then that Shelley saw Katie and her mother sitting on stools eating ice-cream sodas. Katie was slowly spooning the ice cream out of the bottom of her soda. Dejection showed in the way she sat on the stool, the way she put the spoon in her mouth and pulled it out again half-full of ice cream.
5. Now, to tag five. Don't feel obligated...that's for sure! If it looks fun, post it. If not....
Clare (I Have Loved the Rain)
Emma & Johanna (A Banner of Crimson)
Carla (Starlight Musings)
Laura (Actually Laura)
Sarah (Romantic History)